Re: Big problems with EPSV

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:54:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Eric VERGNAUD wrote:

> > curl -P - ftp://host/path
>
> Ok I tried it successfully using port 20 with libcurl. Cool !

> However I'm using libcurl in a multithread context. Is it safe to use a
> fixed port ? Is there a way to ask libcurl to choose the appropriate port ?

You can't tell libcurl to use a specific TCP port for the PORT command.
libcurl will use a suitable one (provided by the OS) to have the server
connect to. (There's a TODO-task mentioned to perhaps one day add the ability
to libcurl to use a specific port (range) for this.)

BTW, if you take libcurl questions to the curl-library list, you'll meat a lot
more other developers that are using libcurl.