Re: curl crashing.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:57:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Mark Van Orman wrote:

> I'm trying to use CURL under FreeBSD 4.7, but it keeps crashing. Gdb
> produces the following message #0 0x286a22c4 in sysctl () from
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4.

(We have a separate list for libcurl hackers, try the curl-library list next
time.)

Can you produce a full backtrace for the crash (as described in docs/BUGS)?
Just seeing the end-point offers very little clues.

> * About to connect() to curl.haxx.se port 80
> Memory fault (core dumped)
>
> Any ideas on what might be going on?

It certainly looks like a bug. You should also consider upgrading to the
latest public version and see if the problem persists.