Re: Big problems with EPSV

From: Eric VERGNAUD <eric.vergnaud_at_jlynx.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:47:48 +0200

le 26/05/04 21:22, Daniel Stenberg à daniel-curl_at_haxx.se a écrit :

> On Wed, 26 May 2004, Eric VERGNAUD wrote:
>
>> It appears that IE is first trying a PORT command, which is successful, so I
>> guess IE only uses EPSV when PORT fails, or maybe it never uses EPSV.
>>
>> How can PORT succeed when my computer is behind a router ?
>>
>> My computer's lan address is 192.168.0.8. IE sends:
>>
>> PORT 192,168,0,8,6,95
>>
>> Would curl do something similar if I set the ftp port ?
>
> Yes it will. Try this:
>
> curl -P - ftp://host/path
>
> (curl will first try EPRT, but you can disable that with --disable-eprt if it
> causes trouble)

Ok I tried it successfully using port 20 with libcurl. Cool !

However I'm using libcurl in a multithread context. Is it safe to use a
fixed port ? Is there a way to ask libcurl to choose the appropriate port ?

Eric VERGNAUD - JLynx Software
Cutting-edge technologies and
services for software companies
web: http://www.jlynx.com