Re: Getting cURL to work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:56:21 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, kappaluppa wrote:

> I had my hosting company install curl for me. He says it is installed. I did
> 'locate curl' so I could see if it was there. There all kinds of curl
> files. The first one says: /root/php/php-4.3.2/ext/curl

'curl' can be many things, but that path is a directory with code for the
PHP/CURL module.

Try 'which curl' to find the curl binary.

> I need it to run with my php stuff. I read that it needs to be ver. 7.9.0 or
> higher.

Then you need your PHP built with curl support, which isn't necessarily the
same as 'installing curl on your host'. Also, I would recommend the
curl-and-php mailing list for curl and PHP related issues.

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in
> /var/www/usera/kappaluppa/campaignstuff.net/www/curltest.php on line 11

This sounds like the PHP you're using hasn't been configured to use/allow the
curl functions,

> It seems as if curl is on my server, but not enabled. Do I have to compile
> php all over again? (I assume it was compiled once since it is working ???)

You need to check out the PHP docs to see how you setup PHP properly.