Re: question on "--request":can I remove the " /" after the request?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:42:39 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, FUN TOES wrote:

> Thank you very much to read my question so carefully though my english is so
> poor! Your curl give me help in manything without c programing(a bash script
> is enough) ,such as autocheck and config the proxy?upload,etc. And If curl
> can add every part of http(ftp,http,telnet,even ssl...)request or even reply
> to cmdline options and also give options to custom everyone of them,socket
> programing with c maybe be unnecesary to me.

> Thanks for your help again! Now I make a local patch with the http.c refered
> to by you to let curl work as my hope. I do not use malloc to my temp ppath
> buffer ,unkown to the position free was call after many return in the
> funciton Curl_http.

Actually, AFAICS, you can get what you want by simply adding an option that
let's you skip the initial slash in the path part of the HTTP request. Like
this imaginary setup

 curl --skip-slash http://lblblblb/http://testing.foo

... which then would create a request that looks like:

GET http://testing.foo HTTP/1.1