Getting cURL to work

From: kappaluppa <kathy_at_kappaluppa.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:40:01 -0700

I am new new newbie! I appreciate any help you can give.

I had my hosting company install curl for me. He says it is installed. I did
'locate curl' so I could see if it was there. There all kinds of curl
files. The first one says: /root/php/php-4.3.2/ext/curl

I need it to run with my php stuff. I read that it needs to be ver. 7.9.0 or
higher.

I found a script to test curl with:

<?

 $url = "http://www.campaignstuff.net";

   $ch = curl_init();

   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);

   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);

   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 0);

   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);

   $returned = curl_exec($ch);

   curl_close ($ch);

   echo $returned;

   ?>

I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in
/var/www/usera/kappaluppa/campaignstuff.net/www/curltest.php on line 11

Line 11 is $ch = curl_init();

(I don't even know if I'm testing it right. I just plopped that bit of code
in a php file and uploaded it! www.campaignstuff.net/curltest.php)

In my php info page, there is no indication that curl is there.

It seems as if curl is on my server, but not enabled. Do I have to compile
php all over again? (I assume it was compiled once since it is working ???)

If I do, how do I do that?

I know these are all very basic questions, but I've looked and looked all
over for answers and just keep getting more confused!

Thanks!

BuildAWebSiteOnline.com offers everything you need to affordably build,
promote and mange your website quickly and easily using our online site
creation tool. If you can surf the web, you can build a website!

Visit BuildAWebSiteOnline.com for a FREE 30-day test drive!