RE: not enough space Solaris 9 and curl 7.10.5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:14:00 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Christian Akerø wrote:

> Its the javaclient(a servlet) that gets the exception(IOException)
>
> we are running curl like this:
>
> Process child = runtime.exec(callAndArgs);
> ("callAndArgs"'s value = curl --cert demo-cert.pem
> "https://www.someadress?attr1=value1&attr2=value2")
>
> so its single invokes I guess, but there can be many users at the same time.

If there would be a leak in curl, it would have to be significant and major
for it to make it a problem for you when you invoke curl like that since it'll
only do single-shots and then cleanup everything on each exit. I don't think
curl ever has had any such major leak during its whole life-time.

I'm a bit puzzled by the error message. I guess it is that runtime.exec() that
says "not enough space" (ENOSPC?) ? Is that because you run out of swap space?

I can't see anything wrong on curl's behalf here, I'm guessing that you're
running out of some resource but I don't think that is because of a curl leak
of any kind.

Sorry that I can't help you anymore than this.