Re: native Win32 build with SSL?

From: hunter <theantigod_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 10 Jan 2004 10:06:48 -0500

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 02:00, Paul William wrote:
> Thanks for the build! I had given up on a Win32 builds eons ago for a BSD build/install but got yours to work right away!
>
> Some notes for novices (from a novice himself)
> 1. You need to download and uncompress all the files in both of the referenced links.
> 2. You will need to put the .dll files somewhere where they will be found. I could have probably changed my path to reference them in the folders to which they extracted, but instead just pasted them into my windows/system32 directory with all the other .dll files.
>
> Then when I opened a command prompt and typed "curl -o blabla.html http://www.yahoo.com" (enter) in the directory where the curl.exe resided, it worked!
>
> Can anybody tell me how to set the "path" in Windows XP to reference the curl directories so that I can execute the curl.exe from elsewhere?
>
> Thanks for everybody's help!
>
> - Paul William

Paul,

Your are welcome!

To set the PATH in Windows XP...

right click on 'My Computer'...
select 'Properties'...
click the 'Advanced' tab...
click the button 'Environmental Variables'...

Look in System Variables for 'Path' and select it...
click 'Edit'...

Make addition (careful not to loose what is there) and click OK.

Then OK...

Open a NEW console and type 'path' to see that your change took effect.

I create separate directories for each of the zips and add the following
to the environment.

Add to PATH: c:\curl\bin;c:\openssl\bin;

If you use these to build other progs then and the following...

Add to INCLUDE: c:\curl\include;c:\openssl\include;
Add to LIB: c:\curl\lib;c:\openssl\lib;

Chris Lewis