Re: native Win32 build with SSL?

From: hunter <theantigod_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 24 Jan 2004 12:50:26 -0500

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 02:00, Paul William wrote:
> Thanks for the build! I had given up on a Win32 builds eons ago for a BSD build/install but got yours to work right away!
>
> Some notes for novices (from a novice himself)
> 1. You need to download and uncompress all the files in both of the referenced links.
> 2. You will need to put the .dll files somewhere where they will be found. I could have probably changed my path to reference them in the folders to which they extracted, but instead just pasted them into my windows/system32 directory with all the other .dll files.
>
> Then when I opened a command prompt and typed "curl -o blabla.html http://www.yahoo.com" (enter) in the directory where the curl.exe resided, it worked!
>
> Can anybody tell me how to set the "path" in Windows XP to reference the curl directories so that I can execute the curl.exe from elsewhere?
>
> Thanks for everybody's help!
>
> - Paul William
>

> hunter <theantigod_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 10:52, Scott Evans wrote:
> > Is there a site that offers daily binaries compiled for Win32?
> > I'm itching to use the FTPS support, but I don't have access to
> > DevStudio and I don't want to install Cygwin on this deployment
> > machine.
> >
> > (Or can I build a cross from Cygwin gcc to native Win32?)
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > scott
> >

> > --
> > scott evans :: www.antisleep.com

> > Perforce is the Fast Software Configuration Management System offering
> > advanced branching capabilities and atomic changes on 50+ platforms.
> > Free Eval! http://www.perforce.com/perforce/loadprog.html
>
> Scott,
>
> I have built today's build of cURL - SSL, ZLIB and DYNAMIC (DLL)
>
> http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/curl/curl-7.11.0-20040109-win32.zip
> http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/curl/openssl-0.9.7c-win32.zip
>
> You need to take the openssl because cURL normally builds with 0.9.7a
> and I build it with 0.9.7c.
>
> I had to do some tweaking to make it compile so please let me know if
> you experience any problems. I tested it quickly with http (compressed
> and uncompressed) and it worked fine, but I did not test any other
> protocols nor did I run all of the post-build tests.
>
> Chris Lewis

Paul and Scott,

If you are interested, I have just replaced the daily build with the new
release.

http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/curl/curl-7.11.0-win32.zip
http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/curl/openssl-0.9.7c-win32.zip

Please let me know if you experience any problems, I have not thoroughly
tested the binaries.

Chris Lewis