Re: native Win32 build with SSL?

From: Paul William <pwilliam_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:00:29 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the build! I had given up on a Win32 builds eons ago for a BSD build/install but got yours to work right away!

Some notes for novices (from a novice himself)
1. You need to download and uncompress all the files in both of the referenced links.
2. You will need to put the .dll files somewhere where they will be found. I could have probably changed my path to reference them in the folders to which they extracted, but instead just pasted them into my windows/system32 directory with all the other .dll files.

Then when I opened a command prompt and typed "curl -o blabla.html http://www.yahoo.com" (enter) in the directory where the curl.exe resided, it worked!

Can anybody tell me how to set the "path" in Windows XP to reference the curl directories so that I can execute the curl.exe from elsewhere?

Thanks for everybody's help!

- Paul William

hunter <theantigod_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:
On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 10:52, Scott Evans wrote:
> Is there a site that offers daily binaries compiled for Win32?
> I'm itching to use the FTPS support, but I don't have access to
> DevStudio and I don't want to install Cygwin on this deployment
> machine.
>
> (Or can I build a cross from Cygwin gcc to native Win32?)
>
> Thanks...
>
> scott
>

> --
> scott evans :: www.antisleep.com

> Perforce is the Fast Software Configuration Management System offering
> advanced branching capabilities and atomic changes on 50+ platforms.
> Free Eval! http://www.perforce.com/perforce/loadprog.html

Scott,

I have built today's build of cURL - SSL, ZLIB and DYNAMIC (DLL)

http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/curl/curl-7.11.0-20040109-win32.zip
http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/curl/openssl-0.9.7c-win32.zip

You need to take the openssl because cURL normally builds with 0.9.7a
and I build it with 0.9.7c.

I had to do some tweaking to make it compile so please let me know if
you experience any problems. I tested it quickly with http (compressed
and uncompressed) and it worked fine, but I did not test any other
protocols nor did I run all of the post-build tests.

Chris Lewis