RE: Curl command line producing some 0 byte file output (http)

From: Thompson, Blake <Blake.Thompson_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:47:07 -0500

Daniel,
Thanks you for your prompt reply.

The files that are affected by this seem to be completely random. I am
calling curl in the following manner:

[Script 1 -- build the 'get' list]

curl
"http://localhost/sbygad61backup/totalrew.nsf/Printable+Order?OpenView&Expan
dView&Count=2000" -S > career-forsearch.txt

(repeat 19 times for all databases - BT)
(Note: the -S option here was added for debugging, normally, it is only run
with the -s option for silent output).
(Note: This script is hardcoded with the values above).

[End Script 1]

[Script 2 -- process the 'get' list to get the docs]

#!/usr/bin/sh
curl
"http://localhost/sbygad61backup/totalrew.nsf/0/00b79edd7ae7947d85256db7004e
7f1e?OpenDocument" -S >
aedc1HealthCareEnrollmentChooseWellDecisionCenter.html
curl
"http://localhost/sbygad61backup/totalrew.nsf/0/4e5b921efffee24085256db70050
06d5?OpenDocument" -S > aedc2HealthCareEnrollmentFindaPlanthatFits.html

(repeat for each document to be gotten - BT)
(Note: the -S option here was added for debugging, normally, it is only run
with the -s option for silent output).
(Note: This script is dynamically generated from an HTML file output, and
can change from run to run. I have reviewed the .sh file and it appears
syntactically correct, each time).

[End Script 2]

I'd be happy to upload my scripts in their entirity, but I'm not sure that
is where the issue lies.

Thank you again for your assistance,
Blake Thompson