Curl command line producing some 0 byte file output (http)

From: Thompson, Blake <Blake.Thompson_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:51:36 -0500

Folks,
I am a bit new to curl and certainly not the super, ultra technical type
that these types of forums normally host. I am using the command line curl
version 7.10.8 under Cygwin (on Windows XP).

I have written a bash script that uses curl to HTML render a bunch of Domino
pages (4000+) from a bunch of databases (20) through Domino views (being
accessed through http://localhost/ <http://localhost/> ). The script
massages that output (lists the pages to get) to produce another script that
actually gets them and saves them with a meaningful title (the document
name). These databases and documents are local to the machine that is
running the process. My problem is this. Some of the output is coming out
as 0 byte files. Furthermore, this only recently (1 week or less) started
and there have been no changes/upgrades to the machine that I know of during
this time.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, or better yet, how to
make it not happen?

Blake Thompson
Technical Team Lead,
Fidelity Web Services