Re: [using curl for logging in and sending sms]

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:59:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, sinan wrote:

> But I dont know how to use it to send automatic sms's by logging in a sms
> page. The page requires usname and paswd. How can I make curl log in that
> page and send my sms's?

Most probably, you need to do a POST (to login), save the cookies and follow
the location to the new page and then do a second POST to send off the
message.

At least I think that's a reasonable assumption.

> I can send usname and paswd info but i dont know how to insert my sms
> message to the generated web page after logging in. I have read the manual
> but because i dont have enough info about http protocol i didnt undertand
> how to do this. Any simple tutorials or manuals about curl?

The Art Of Scripting HTTP Requests Using Curl:
  http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html

The curl man page:
  http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html

And the MANUAL document:
  http://curl.haxx.se/docs/readme.curl.html

There is no shortcuts for doing this. You need to read up, test it, read more,
test more and so on.

If you setup your own web pages to test your curl operations on, you might
learn the tricks faster.