Re: perl libcurl using CURLOPT_QUOTE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:00:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Miguel Laborde wrote:

> I'm having trouble finding the matching perl command for the equivalent of
> curl_slist_append as in C. I just want to create a list of commands for my
> ftp connection that will be run before any transfers.

Reading the Curl.xs, I *think* you pass in a perl-array to the CURLOPT_QUOTE
option and it'll do the correct magic.

> Farthermore, I can establish ftp connections fine but I want to do ftps. Is
> there any command i have to pass to curl first, aside from just changing the
> port to 990?

ftps is not a standard protocol and curl's support for ftps:// is far from
complete. curl only supports a basic kind of ftps:// with SSL for the control
connection and sending the data unencrypted. This is activated by using an
ftps:// URL.

The docs/TODO document mentions that we want to see a proper and suggested
to-be FTPS standard to be supported by curl, but it is currently not.

We appreciate all the help we can get!