hostip alias bug?

From: Gisle Vanem <giva_at_bgnett.no>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:12:56 +0200 (MET DST)

I can't be 100% sure, but isn't the host-alias handling
in lib/hostip.c buggy? I tried consulting the HP/UX man-
pages, but it doesn't say what 'h_aliases' should be if
there are no aliases (NULL or an array of NULLs).

cURL references 'h_aliases[i]', but in my case 'h_aliases'
is NULL which causes a crash. Why not be a bit conservative
here?

I'm on a shell-account now (running djgpp/telnet), so no
details. But it's around line 380 where it's counting the
aliases.

Gisle V.