Re: curl multiple web pages

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:31:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Monica David wrote:

> I'm a newcomer. I want to grab a ftp location which is
> list on the third web page after went through many
> checkboxes on the first two pages, like this:
> page #1 http://myweb/db-perl/W3Browse/w3browse.pl
> page #2
> http://myweb/db-perl/W3Browse/w3query.pl/cgi-bin/search/search.pl?Coordinates=J2000&Radius=Default&displaymode=TextDisplay&Basic=on
>
> page #3 http://myweb/db-perl/W3Browse/w3hdprods.pl
>
> Does anyone can tell me how to get page #3?

You probably need to write a little script that invokes curl properly.

> If check out a file on a single web page, and a download window
> automatically pops out to save the file on local disk, how to curl this
> page and get the file?

What is a "download window" that pops up? Are you referring to the "save
file" dialog that your browser presents you? If so, then you can just use
'curl -o filename [URL]' to download that URL into a local file.

www.enterpriselinuxforum.com