Building cURL without dependencies on libcurl/openssl so's

From: HART, CHRISTOPHER T <CHRISTOPHER_T_HART_at_fleet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 15:34:56 -0400

This is probably a very basic, simple question, but I've been having some
trouble with it... Basically, I want to build curl without needing to have
libcurl or openssl libraries after compilation time. I thought this was
done by specifying static linking of libraries, but so far, I haven't been
able to make this happen. (I've tried setting the CFLAGS environment
variable to -B=static, -static and --static, none of which have had the
desired affect.) From the documentation I've seen on building curl, I
thought that would be enough. Searching Google for static linking in gcc
hasn't been much of a help for me, but maybe I don't know what to look for.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris Hart