Re: curl over an ftp proxy?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:23:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Philip Newton wrote:

> > Gah! Nasty thing indeed. Can you produce a stack trace out of this for
> > us?
>
> I don't know. I expected a file 'core' but didn't find one. However, there
> was a file "curl.exe.stackdump" in $HOME... maybe Cygwin does things
> differently? At any rate, it doesn't appear very useful:

Ah, right. I forgot that's what cygwin does. The best thing for me would be
if you could rebuild curl with more debug info (./configure --enable-debug)
and then run the same command line using gdb and see what kind of info you'll
get at the crash time.

I did manage to repeat a crash in cygwin the other day and I haven't yet been
able to spend any more time on the chase, but it involved --trace and you
weren't using that here... Could possibly be related though.

> However, when I tried it from a Linux host (with curl 7.8/libcurl 7.8),
> it worked

[ trace snipped out ]

> So the principle is sound.

Nice!