RE: curl over an ftp proxy?

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:26:57 -0400

For what it's worth, I am in the situation where my HTTP and FTP
proxies use two different passwords. But I don't know how common
it is either...

I can see your point about storing both options in your .curlrc
file simultaneously... Currently curl can run multiple URLs
(each with their own -o option) just by specifying more than
one set of these. Perhaps curl could support entering two
different sets of proxy info in the same file, and could track
BOTH an FTP option and an HTTP option internally, while still
using the same command-line flags? This way, those of us who
only occasionally use these options could still have the single
character format available, while those who use .curlrc files could
still store both.

I'm thinking of something like this:

-x proxy.domain.com:80
    (OR -x http://proxy.domain.com, with http being the default)
-U user:pass
-x ftp://proxy.domain.com:port/proxy-type
    (OR add --ftp-proxy-type XYZ instead)
-U ftpuser:ftppass

- Kevin