Re: -k !

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:25:50 -0500

Just for the list archive, and for your peace of mind, Daniel, here's a brief
summary of the discussion Jill and I have had off-list:

It appears that Snort uses curl to gather data from its sensors. Snort
generates its own certificate so that it can securely talk to itself, and that
was just fine, right up until that little bug was discovered in the
certificate authentication process. Remember that? That's when curl, by
default, started to bitch about certificates that it couldn't verify against
its own ca-bundle.crt.

The current beta-test version of Snort checks the curl version and uses the -k
option if its greater than 7.9. The older version, however, doesn't, and so
gets toasted.

Ralph