Re: URL parsing ehchancement

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:03:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Vlad Krupin wrote:

> I do not know if this is a valid URL, but nevertheless both IE and mozilla,
> and even lynx didn't mind it while curl did - it tried to append the query
> string to the hostname part and resolve that ugliness.
>
> I have created a small patch to allow parsing of URLs like that. I am not
> an expert in curl or C, so I did it to the best of my understanding.
> It works for me. If there is a better way to do that, please correct the
> patch - it shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks! I've applied your patch (somewhat edited) and committted it.

I tried to check the RFCs to in more detail check what they actually say
about this, and if I'm not mistaking, the RFC1738 claims the slash needs to
be there while I couldn't find it mentioned in the RFC2396.

Anyway, if the browsers support it, so should we.