Re: the download page

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 23:30:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, tengel wrote:

> My suggestion would be more layout oriented to provide visual cues to the
> user, and be simple to code.

Suggestions appreciated!

> 1) main:
>
> OS: [_AIX_] [_AmigaOS_] ... <-- "a name=" links at very top for quick easy
> jump to OS section

They all have <a name="OS"> tags now.

> 2) section header:
>
> _AmigaOS_ <-- a name link back to top, AND *bold* font

Uh, I'm not a fan of links to the top, but I made the font bold! ;-)

> 3) subsections and package indents:
>
> _Linux_
> RedHat
> Linux RPM
> Debian
> Linux DEB
> Generic
> Linux Sparc tar+gz
>
> (#3 might seem like overkill

Maybe, but I do acknowledge that the rather extensive list under the Linux
label still needs "something" done to make it better.

> but in reality it should be clearly noted that my RPMs, for example, are
> made for RedHat and not Connectiva/Mandrake/etc)

Cool, that gave me a great opportunity to test my web interface and hey, I
could remake your packages as 'Redhat'-flavoured in no time! ;-O

> Again, just my thoughts on making it more readable and navigatable without
> very much work at all. ;)

thoughts => good
without much work => even better!