connect failed

From: Jill Tovey <jt_at_bigbluedoor.com>
Date: 08 Apr 2003 10:50:29 +0100

I have gone through both the curl and snort archives but found no
solution.

I am trying to connect my snort sensor on 127.0.0.1:2525

and I get this sensor message:
curl: (7) Connect failed

I have read something about having to have the webserver on this port?
Well my webserver is on port 80 - and I didn't see anything in the
installation manual I was using that I had to put it on 2525?

:-/

I have also seen issues related to proxies - I am not using a proxy but
a router (DG814) and I have forwarded port 2525 to 127.0.0.1.

I have also tried taking down the firewall but no joy.

I can't connect to port 2525 at all, but can't see why!