Re: connect failed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:13:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Jill Tovey wrote:

> I have gone through both the curl and snort archives but found no solution.
>
> I am trying to connect my snort sensor on 127.0.0.1:2525
>
> and I get this sensor message:
> curl: (7) Connect failed

Exacly what command line did you use?

What curl version?

What operating system?

What happens if you try 'telnet 127.0.0.1 2525' ?

> I have read something about having to have the webserver on this port?

You need something that listens to the port, otherwise you can't get anything
off it.

> Well my webserver is on port 80 - and I didn't see anything in the
> installation manual I was using that I had to put it on 2525?

So why are you trying to connect to port 2525 if the web is running on port
80?

> I have also seen issues related to proxies - I am not using a proxy but a
> router (DG814) and I have forwarded port 2525 to 127.0.0.1.

You forwarded a port to an IP adress?

> I have also tried taking down the firewall but no joy.

What for?

> I can't connect to port 2525 at all, but can't see why!

What are you running on that port then? Have you verified that it works?