Re: Changing from POST to GET

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:46:58 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Marty Kuhrt wrote:

(a general advice, keep libcurl talk on the curl-library list and you'll
reach a lot more libcurl users)

> I'm using 7.3.10

I suspect you refer to 7.10.3 ;-)

> and when I change from POST to GET the program does the POST fine but
> stalls on the GET. It seems to want input from the terminal I'm running
> the session from interactively. If I do the POST and wait for the
> connection to timeout before triggering the GET it works fine. The POST on
> it's own works fine, and the GET on it's own works fine, it's just when I
> try to change from a POST to a GET in the same connection it doesn't work.
>
> I'm using curl_easy_setopt calls to explictly set CURLOPT_POST, and
> CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS on the POST call. After the POST I call setopt with
> CURLOPT_HTTPGET and the new GET url.

It sounds as if you're doing things by the book. The only downside is that I
didn't do things properly *in* the book! ;-)

Seriously, I think you might have been bitten by this 7.10.3 bug pointed out
here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=653859&group_id=976&atid=100976

I'll try to get a new release out soon. Work load is high at the moment so it
might take another week or two though.