SOLVED - was Re: curl with exec from a shell script

From: Harry Sufehmi <milis-ktr_at_harrysufehmi.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:35:33 -0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I've finally managed to get BB to send SMS notification.

Basically, the culprit was some character in $BBAPLHAMSG, so I eliminate it
(need to get this working quickly).

The line now become like this:
exec /usr/local/bin/curl --trace-ascii curl-trace.txt -x 10.90.193.209:8080 -d
"ACCOUNT=myaccount&PASSWORD=mypass&NUMBER=mymobile&MESSAGE=$BBHOSTSVC-$BBCOLORLEVEL&ORIGIN=bbserver&CMD=SENDMESSAGE"
http://smsgate.truesenses.com/cgi-bin/smsgateway.cgi > smsresult.txt

When I have time probably I will try putting $BBALPHAMSG variable in again
later, but at the moment I'm happy with it.

Many thanks to Ralph and Kevin for their replies and pointers.

cheers,
Harry