RE: cURL producing boxes instead of carriage return

From: David Withnall <david_withnall_at_health.qld.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:39:44 +1000

your stupid little boxes are characters windows can't understand.
by the looks of the stupid little boxes in a *nix environment they're either linefeed or return characters. I can't remember which one windows does use.

basically at the end of every line you get this in windows
linefeed (or return depending on which one it uses which I can't remember)

in *nix you get
linefeed return

you have 3 options.
1. remove the unprintable characters (the --trace will show you what hex character they represent and you should be able to find something that will allow you to search & replace hex characters)

2. remove them by hand. highlight and push enter in your favorite text editor.

3. ignore them. from the looks of the page you were downloading none of the stupid little boxes actually appear in the data. only in the javascript. it just means the source of wotever you're ownloading will look ugly (but considering most websites you download have ugly source anyway its not too much of a problem. computers don't care what the source looks like, only that its valid).

>>> calendar_at_ziarek.com 4/02/03 8:15:38 am >>>
I've run the --trace and attached a sample of the output. It is almost
funny, but the stupid little boxes are still there.

If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them, but I understand my
problem can't become your full time job :)

Thanks,

Nate

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review
of this e-mail is prohibited. It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return e-mail. You should also delete this e-mail
message and destroy any hard copies produced.