cURL producing boxes instead of carriage return

From: Nathan Ziarek <calendar_at_ziarek.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:20:56 -0600

I receently posted here requesting help on the carriage returns in HTML
document returing as little boxes instead of line breaks. I was told to
run a command (not readily available) that would strip them from the
document using \015 to stand for the carriage returns.

I have tried that and it did not work. using curl on OSX does not
produce this error; I have only seen it when running cURL on CygWin.

When directly exporting to the screen (instead of to a file), the line
breaks appear to show up. When outputting to a file (using either "-o"
or "> filename") that characters do show up.

Nathan Ziarek