Re: Have a problem with session expiry and scripting!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:19:14 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, rahul hampole wrote:

> I have used curl to query the orbitz webpage. It retrievs the results
> properly and stores them in a web page. I parse this web page and run curl
> again on a link on this page. It then retrives a webpage which says that my
> session has expired and to reenter my search.
>
> Specifically, when i search for a flight orbitz displays only some results
> and there is a link at the bottom of the page for all the results. I would
> like to retrive the page from this link. It works fine from my browser. I
> have enabled cookie support in the curl string so please suggest what
> changes have to be made for sessions.

I think we would have a bigger chance of suggesting something good if you
first showed us what command lines you're using to do this.

Also, tell us which curl version and operating system you're using.

> 2. I ran a curl request for expedia.com and it keeps moving onto a new page
> with the -L feature. When i copied the same get request string to the
> browser it works fine. The page finally recived by curl says my browser
> does not support scripts. How do i go about this problem. I have enabled
> cookie support.

It might very well be exactly what the site says, that it requires javascript
to "do right". curl does not support javascript.

Again, without a lot more details it isn't easy to tell for sure.

> PS: It is my belief that Curl is the best thing that has come along since
> perl and together they make an awesome pair.

Thanks! We do our best in making curl a good tool.