Re: Problems with using curl to submit form

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:58:58 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Mun Mun wrote:

> Hello there, I am a new user to curl, and so i am not familiar with all its
> options. However, i have been trying to submit a form for a while, but it
> still doesn't seem to work.

You figure out exactly what to pass to curl in order to do the post fine do
this:

 1. Save the actual HTML that has the form you want to fill in with curl

 2. Replace any POST with GET within the <FORM> tag.

 3. Redo the submit in the form with your browser on your edited HTML.

 4. Now, check your browser's URL field to get the full data you want to
    pass to curl.

 5. Done.

> I think the problem is because the submit button does not have a "NAME"
> value. The following is the submit section of the form.

Form fields without names are not passed to the server (IIRC).