RE: problem with 7.10.2-pre2 on cygwin

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:19:29 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> > Ok, I downgraded to automake 1.6.3 (keeping autoconf 2.54)
>
> Nope. I get the same error as before.

Darn.

> Are other platforms experiencing similar problems?

No one has reported any problems. That doesn't necessary mean they all work
though of course.

> It builds fine under MinGW/gcc3.2, but that build uses its own custom
> Makefile, so I assumed it wouldn't be affected.

Right, this is defintely something related to the auto-tools on cygwin.

> I could run this problem past the folks on the cygwin developers mailing
> list, except I don't really have much spare time right now to help them
> track it down...

I fully respect that. At times we all are under heavy load when we must focus
more on non-curl matters.

> If you have anything else you can think of to try, I'd appreciate your
> trying it. If not, I don't mind reconf-ing for Cygwin (since I have to
> build a custom source tarball anyways...)

I personally cannot do that, since I don't run windows/cygwin but perhaps
there are others around that do?

Anyone? Help us out here please?!