RE: Problems compiling cURL 7.10.1 on Solaris 9.

From: Dabney, Blane <BDabney_at_dallasnews.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:57:17 -0600

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Dabney, Blane wrote:
>
> > gcc -shared file.lo timeval.lo base64.lo hostip.lo
> progress.lo formdata.lo
> > cookie.lo http.lo sendf.lo ftp.lo url.lo dict.lo if2ip.lo
> speedcheck.lo
> > getdate.lo ldap.lo ssluse.lo version.lo getenv.lo escape.lo
> mprintf.lo
> > telnet.lo getpass.lo netrc.lo getinfo.lo transfer.lo
> strequal.lo easy.lo
> > security.lo krb4.lo memdebug.lo http_chunks.lo strtok.lo
> connect.lo llist.lo
> > hash.lo multi.lo content_encoding.lo -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lz -lssl
> > -lcrypto -ldl -lsocket -lnsl -lz -lc -Wl,-soname
> -Wl,libcurl.so.2 -o
> > .libs/libcurl.so.2.0.2
> > ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
> > ld: fatal: file libcurl.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
> > ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
> > .libs/libcurl.so.2.0.2

Ok, I think I've figured something out, but I still don't know how to fix
it, but here's a couple clues:

> ... -Wl,-soname -Wl,libcurl.so.2 -o

and...

> ld: fatal: file libcurl.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory

It looks like libtool is generating the '-Wl,' options incorrectly. Using
their current syntax, the '-Wl,' options should be '-Xlinker' options. I
think the correct syntax with '-Wl,' should be: '-Wl,-soname,libcurl.so.2'.
However, I have no idea how to make libtool do this properly.