Re: curl-devel?

From: Sinner from the Prairy <sinner_at_escomposlinux.org>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 11:06:27 -0400

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 09:59, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On 22 Oct 2002, Sinner from the Prairy wrote:

> > I downloaded the tar ball curl-7.10.1.tar.gz from the website. Then, I
> > built a neat RPM for my system (Linux Mandrake 7.2). I installed. All OK.
> > (BTW: where can I send my RPM? surely will help someone else)

> Mail it to curl-web_at_haxx.se.

OK. Done.

> > Then, I try to compile something that needs curl ... and it complains about
> > missing curl-devel!

> Then it needs the curl-devel package. That's a separate RPM.

OK. How I build it? Where are the sources?

> > How do I get curl-devel in my system?

> You install it I guess.

Fair enough. But, where is it? I can only find curl-devel (& RPM
packaged)for older versions. I can't see it here
http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=devel-i386.rpm nor there's no
curl-devel package here http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=tar.gz

Am I missing something very obvious?

> Daniel Stenberg -- curl, cURL, Curl, CURL. Groks URLs.

Salut,
Sinner

--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/