Re: Installation problems

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 03:11:51 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 20 May 2002, Cary Scofield wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > b) when I try to run the curl command, it is looking for the
> > libgcc_s.so.1 shared library, but that doesn't exist on a vanilla Solaris
> > machine.
>
> I have no idea how to go about and fix this. Jean (or anyone else), any idea?

That's part of the GNU C compiler, GCC, which isn't part of Solaris at all. You
may have to install the entire compiler to get it, or at least extract that
library from the compiler installation kit. GCC for Solaris is available here:

    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/solaris/sparc/

and other places. I don't know if there is a kit for just the libraries.

Ralph