Re: Installation problems

From: Troy Engel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:56:55 -0700

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> > b) when I try to run the curl command, it is looking for the
> > libgcc_s.so.1 shared library, but that doesn't exist on a vanilla Solaris
> > machine.
>
> I have no idea how to go about and fix this. Jean (or anyone else), any
> idea?

Yah, the packager has to do two things -- first, make a file called 'depend' which has the contents like this:

P SMCgcc gcc
  (sparc) 2.95.2

(This is an example I just threw together -- you'd most likely go about it differently to just get the libgcc shared package maybe? Solaris packaging really falls down right here....) Then, inside your 'prototype' file you add a line at the top to include that depend file:

i depend

so when you actually build the package, it will generically place those dependancies inside your packaged version, and warn you if you install curl without libgcc on the system already. Or something like that -- I've only built maybe 20 Solaris packages, so I'm still a n00bie on it....

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
I killed a process today, just to watch it die.