Re: curl and automatic proxy configuration/various sundry things

From: <esp5_at_rama.comp.pge.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:06:36 -0700

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:09:20PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sun, 19 May 2002 esp5_at_rama.comp.pge.com wrote:
>
> > I was looking for a replacement for wget, saw curl and thought I might give
> > it a try -
>
> curl is not meant nor written to be a wget replacement. wget does things curl
> doesn't, curl does things wget doesn't.
>
> > So.. does curl support automatic proxy configuration?
>
> No.

ARRGH. Unfortunately, that's the only thing in this whole list that is
absolutely necessary for me to have! I *need* this feature - as will, I
expect, most corporate firewall users (who are now moving to websense which
uses this bloody technology).

Any idea on if/when this will be incorporated? I know it needs a javascript
engine to make happen, has anyone looked at mozilla to see if one could be
co-opted to make curl apc-aware?

Ed