Re: problem with post form

From: Apró Szabolcs <aprosz_at_freemail.hu>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:04:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
If I use the line you wrote:
curl -d "user=szabi1&pass=alma12&back=user&x=0&y=0" -
v "http://www.tozsdecapa.hu/include/login.big"
nothing happens, Closing connection #0, as usual.
If save the page and modify to method=get, I cannot see the
post string in URL field. Need to modify the
action=/include/login.big to
action=http://www.tozsdecapa.hu/include/login.big (I dont
know why?). After this, the content of URL field is:
http://www.tozsdecapa.hu/include/login.big?
user=szabi1&pass=alma12&back=_tipp%26jatek%3D34&x=0&y=0
If I use this string (after ?) in curl -d, the result is
the same: Closing connection #0
I think the problem must be something else as you mentioned
like user-agent, cookie or referer checks, but I dont know
how to work with them, how to step forward, how can I
decide which of these I sould use?
I appreciate any help on this.
Regards
Szabolcs

On Fri, 10 May 2002, [ISO-8859-2] Apró Szabolcs wrote:

> A tried with -d option as well, but did not work either.
formtag is:
> <form method=post action=/include/login.big>

This tag says you should use -d, similar to this:

 curl -d "user=szabi1&pass=alma12&back=user&x=0&y=0" -
v "http://www.tozsdecapa.hu/include/login.big"

If you save the HTML, change the method=post to method=get,
fill in the form and submit it, then you'll see the full
POST string in the URL field...

There might be other reasons why this post doesn't work.
Like user-agent, cookie or referer checks.

--
    Daniel Stenberg -- curl groks URLs --
http://curl.haxx.se/