Re: Problems with curl source --- curl 7.9.6 (win32) libcurl 7.9.6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:17:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 10 May 2002, srecko wrote:

> I have fetched curl source code (C source code + library) and then I
> compiled it to get exe file (and lib file also), but when I execute it I
> get an error ,,The memory Could not be written'' The instruction at
> 0x77f83941 referenced memory at 0x00000010. The memory error occurs when it
> try to execute curl_easy_perform function. It seems that curl tries to
> write on protected memory location. Maybe some of the parameters aren't OK.
> I'm on W2000, Visual C++.

Please show us what your code that sets up the transfer looks like
(libcurl-wise), or we won't have the slightest idea of where to start here.

> When I execute curl_easy_perform on small examples provided with source code
> it is OK. The arguments are: -v -S -xsplit2:809 www.google.com because I'm
> behind proxy. But the problem also occurs when I'm not behind that proxy. If
> I use binary curl fetched from http://curl.haxx.se it works fine.

This indicates that the problem is not within libcurl, but has been
introduced by your code.

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net