Re: Curl needs libcurl.so.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:18:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Warrick FitzGerald wrote:

> Im sure this is a real newbie question, but I would really appreciate
> someone taking the time to explain how one should go about debugging a
> problem like this :
>
> rpm -Uvh curl-7.9.4-4mdk.i586.rpm produces the following output :

1. Don't install curl 7.9.4, get 7.9.6! You'll become a happier person... :-)

2. It seems that Mandrake packages curl and libcurl in two separate packages,
   so you need to first install the "curl-lib-*mdk" package and then the
   curl package. Or both at the same time. It might possibly be called
   "libcurl2-*mdk" too, I found references to both names while googling.