Re: mutex stuff

From: Noel Byron <NoelByron_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:27:36 +0100 (MET)

Hi again!

> > At the moment I'm thinking about a struct, containing pointers to user
> > defined mutex functions (create, delete, lock, unlock) and a
> curl_mutex_t
> > (the mutex type; only refferd to using a pointer so the implementation
> will
> > be left to the user code).
>
> Did you check out the previous posts on this subject? Check out the
> 'sharing
> is caring' thread in the January libcurl archive:
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2002-01/. It started off with this mail:
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2002-01/0107.html

A huge thread. I'm already through with my first 'proposal code'.
That means I read your email to late. But I think we all have very similar
thoughts.

> Sterling hughes and Dirk Manske argued for the create/delete functions and
> now you're added to that list too.
>
> I'd be happy to get more input and reasons why we would use either way.

I have supplied a README in the attached archive that touches this question
in the point: Design.

The attachment curlthread.tar.gz:

This is not a patch. It is a stand alone program with example code that
should
run out of the box with cygwin and Linux. But it should be easy to integrate
it
in libcURL. Just read the README...

Criticism, questions and suggestions are very welcome. And feel free to
correct
my lousy english in the README and the comments... :o)

Kind regards,
Noel

http://www.gmx.net