RE: mutex stuff

From: Noel Byron <NoelByron_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:18:11 +0100 (MET)

> There should be some people listening on this list already.
>
> There is a faily complex multi-thread package called ZTHREAD. I have not
> checked that so far, but seems to be quite complex and portable on NT and
> UNIX posix threads.

I use http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html for my projects. The ACE
is quite big and hard to understand. But fortunately you can compile
subsets:
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-subsets.html

I link the 'OS adaption layer' to my project and the size increases just
about
20K on WIN32. For example you could use ACE_OS::mutex_lock(...) and that
would work on a whole bunch of operation systems.

I personally love C libraries since I can write my own C++ wraper and use
exception handling and the STL.

BTW: xmlsoft.org has a great HTML and XML parser for Windows and UNIX.
That could be interesting for some libcURL users...

Just my 0,02 Euro.
;o)

Kind regards,
Noel