Re: error in docs?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:08:56 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, lsi wrote:

(Reply CC'ed to the curl mailing list.)

> hi, I was having a little trouble using the quote commands, until I
> replaced the single quotation marks in the example you provide with double
> quotation marks. Now, I can RNFR, DELE etc.
>
> Perhaps it's some weird thing related to display fonts, but on my system at
> least, I need to use double quotes, NOT as documented single quotes to make
> the quote commands work.

On most unix shells, you can use either version. Single or double.

The problem is of course that "most" part and I really can't make examples or
command lines that'll work universally. curl just runs on so many operating
systems that have so many different ways to function...

Of course, I could add a note about this somewhere.

Writing good docs is very hard.

Thanks for reporting!