Re: 7.9.5-pre4 tests on OS X 10.1.2

From: Blake Girardot <girardot_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:51:04 -0500

I wish I could be more helpful, but i fear i just made things worse.

I actually didn't even try curl, just make && make test.

so i did make install

but when i did a just plain old 'curl --version' it gave me this error:

dyld: curl can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libdl.dylib (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)

it has something to do with dynamic libs, i dont pretend to know :)
so I found that and installed it.

then i re ran the tests and all the same ones failed.

then i did this:

[localhost:~] root# curl --version
curl 7.7.1 (powerpc-apple-freebsd) libcurl 7.7.1 (SSL 0.9.5)

which seemed rather odd since it is so different than what make test
reported.

so i figured i should probably re compile curl after installing that
whatever lib above.

after rm -rf my original curl directory and ungzipping the source again, i
cant get curl to compile again :(

now it dies trying to do something with ldap:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -g -O2 -c getdate.c
-Wp,-MD,.deps/getdate.TPlo -o getdate.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .libs/getdate.lo getdate.lo
source='ldap.c' object='ldap.lo' libtool=yes \
depfile='.deps/ldap.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/ldap.TPlo' \
depmode=gcc /bin/sh ../depcomp \
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -g
-O2 -c -o ldap.lo `test -f ldap.c || echo './'`ldap.c
rm -f .libs/ldap.lo
cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -g -O2 -c ldap.c
-Wp,-MD,.deps/ldap.TPlo -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/ldap.lo
ldap.c: In function `DynaOpen':
ldap.c:87: `RTLD_LAZY' undeclared (first use in this function)
ldap.c:87: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ldap.c:87: for each function it appears in.)
ldap.c:88: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
ldap.c: In function `DynaGetFunction':
ldap.c:113: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[2]: *** [ldap.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
[localhost:/Users/blakegir/curl-7.9.5-pre4] root#

so i think i hosed myself somewhere in that process and makes my testing
unreliable at this point since i dont really know much about the black art
of shared libraries on os x.

by the way, this exact same error was seen here:

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2002-01/0046.html

 its related to that libld.dylib i installed but i have no idea how to
correct it at this point.

sorry about that, if i make any progress i'll post back.

cheers,
blake