Re: 7.9.5-pre4 tests on OS X 10.1.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 00:39:34 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Blake Girardot wrote:

> the same every time i run it.

Would you be able to make some debugging to figure out in more detail why
these tests fail?

Do you experience any problems when you try this version on random sites to
do whatever you can think of?

> i have a slightly more recent OS X install than the other poster. i also
> got an error on test 100 the first time i ran it, but that was before i
> installed the latest openssl and stunnel which i put in just to get more of
> the tests to run, i never use stunnel. never saw the error on test 100
> again.

That's very odd. Test 100 is a plain FTP test, it doesn't involve stunnel or
SSL at all...

> test 4...[Replaced internal and added custom HTTP headers]
> 0a1,6
> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> > Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2010 14:49:00 GMT
> > Server: test-server/fake
> > Funny-head: yesyes
> >
> data FAILED

This is major weirdness. It seems that curl didn't receive anything at all.

> test 15...[--write-out test]
> curl returned 6, 0 was expected
> error FAILED

15, 120 and 121 all returned 6 when 0 was expected.

6 means CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST which I find seriously strange. There is
only *one* place in the source code where this is set...