Re: Bugs with cookies

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:07:46 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Clay Loveless wrote:

> Looks like the problem persists with 7.9.5-pre4 ... After installing that
> version, I'm still getting bogus "set-cookie" headers out of the header
> dump file that results from my SSL POST.

I've made some other cookie parser fixes in the CVS version. The trailing
space fix I posted the other day was flawed too.

> Since I've been working with this output for awhile now, I can read through
> the dump file, look for the "good" cookies, separate them from the bad,
> write out the good ones to a "cookiejar.txt" file, and then have all
> subsequent requests (all NON-SSL) use that file for sending/receiving
> cookies. All of that is working just fine.

So which cookies are the "bad" ones? You mean the ones using trailing spaces
in the values or the ones using the same name but a different domain as
another cookie?

I mean, based on your manual "filtering", how would curl need to be adjusted
in order to do this filtering automaticly?

> So -- looks like the bug I initially reported may just be relative to
> reading back from SSL.
>
> Hope this helps ...

It certainly helps, it does.