Re: Newbie Question /Cygwin related problem ?

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff_at_awayweb.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:05:50 +1100

> > Can't load
> > '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/cygwin-multi/auto/Curl/easy/easy.dll'
> > for module Curl::easy: dlopen: Win32 error 998 at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-m
> > ulti/DynaLoader.pm line 206. at ./CurlTest.pl line 6
> > Compilation failed in require at ./CurlTest.pl line 6.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./CurlTest.pl line
> > 6.rl::easy --accessing libcurl from perl
> > Curl::easy -- accessing libcurl from perl
> >
> > Line 6 is only: use Curl::easy;
> >
> > Is this some kind of known problem/incompatiblity with perl/cygwin?

I haven't seen this report before, but unfortunately it wouldn't help much if I
had.

I've never used perl on windows (or Cygwin for that matter), so I don't think I
have any useful suggestions.

You might like to ensure that you have the same version of libcurl as your
Curl::easy was compiled for (as it seems like a binary install), or check that
you actually have an 'easy.dll'. I don't know what windows error 998 might be.

You could try updating to Curl::easy 1.20, which should build automatically with
any reasonably current Curl version, but again, I can't test on Windows, or claim
it will magically improve anything for you...

Cris
(Current Curl::easy maintainer)