Re: Newbie Question /Cygwin related problem ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:59:41 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, João Carriço wrote:

> I don't know is this is the right mailing list for me to post this but here
> it goes:

This is a perfect mailing list for this kind of problem. Unfortunately, there
aren't too many people involved in the perl interface hacking, and that's
probably why you haven't gotten very many replies on this question.

> Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/cygwin-multi/auto/Curl/easy/easy.dll'
> for module Curl::easy: dlopen: Win32 error 998 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-m
> ulti/DynaLoader.pm line 206. at ./CurlTest.pl line 6
> Compilation failed in require at ./CurlTest.pl line 6.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./CurlTest.pl line
> 6.rl::easy --accessing libcurl from perl
> Curl::easy -- accessing libcurl from perl
>
> Line 6 is only: use Curl::easy;
>
> Is this some kind of known problem/incompatiblity with perl/cygwin?

It certainly seems so. :-(

I'm afraid I can't help out anymore. I'll be around to answer questions on
any details concerning libcurl etc though in case you decide to dig into this
problem. I'll appreciate all further details you can provide that help us and
you solve this problem, now and for future users that might experience this
very same issue.

Good luck!