Newbie Question /Cygwin related problem ?

From: João Carriço <joao_carrico_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:23:50 -0000

Hello
My name is Joao Carrico and I've just discovered how usefull is curl for my
PhD in Bioinformatics!

I don't know is this is the right mailing list for me to post this but here
it goes:
I've became even more interested in the PERL binding curl::easy so I've
tried to install it in cygwin :
My Software specs are: Win2000 Professional, with cygwin : perl, v5.6.1
built for cygwin-multi and curl 7.9.3 (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl 7.9.3
(OpenSSL 0.9.6c)
I've tried to install the Curl-easy-1.20 from the tarball and everything
seemed ok..then I've tried to run the script that is the basic example and
Iget this error:

Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/cygwin-multi/auto/Curl/easy/easy.dll'
 for module Curl::easy: dlopen: Win32 error 998 at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin-m
ulti/DynaLoader.pm line 206. at ./CurlTest.pl line 6
Compilation failed in require at ./CurlTest.pl line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./CurlTest.pl line
6.rl::easy --accessing libcurl from perl
Curl::easy -- accessing libcurl from perl

Line 6 is only: use Curl::easy;

Is this some kind of known problem/incompatiblity with perl/cygwin?

Thanks in advance
João André Carriço
homepage: http://www.itqb.unl.pt:1111/~jcarrico/
e-mail: jcarrico_at_itqb.unl.pt