Re: Cookie file is not being created

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:20:29 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Scott MacLeod wrote:

> Recently I upgraded from cURL to cURL-SSL and noticed that after doing so,
> the -c flag no longer works, and for some unknown reason when I make a
> request using the -c flag the cookie file is not being created. It did
> before when I used the non SSL version.

There is absolutely *no* difference between "cURL" and "cURL-SSL" when it
comes to cookies.

Did you get the *exact* same version of curl?

Can you show us how to repeat this problem? Preferably with a publicly
reachable URL we all can try with.

> I chmod'd the /tmp/ directory 777 to see if it was a permissions problem
> but without any success. I can use the -D option and write the headers to
> the /tmp/ directory, so I'm sure it's not a permission problem.

The cookiejar function doesn't store any cookies if it doesn't find any, and
that is what I think is the most likely reason.

> Has anyone else come across this problem, I haven't found any documentation
> or FAQ's on this issue.

I've not seen anyone report or discuss a problem like this before. AFAIR.