Re: Question IIS and curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:58:04 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Laurent Grevesse wrote:

> i've a problem with IIS and curl 7.9.3 (win32) libcurl 7.9.3 (OpenSSL
> 0.9.6c)
>
> If I use :
> curl https://mywww and with Security parameters IIS 4.0 for Client
> Certificate Authentication : "Do Not Accept Client Certificates" => It's
> ok, i see my page
>
> If I Use :
> curl https://mywww and with Security parameters IIS 4.0 for Client
> Certificate Authentication "Accept Certificates" => Curl reads not my page
> : "curl: (52) Empty reply from server"

So, when this fails. What does the server logs say?

Obviously, curl couldn't read a single byte off the server and it considers
that a major problem.

Don't you think you should use --cert/-E on the curl command line to use a
certificate, as you tell your server to "accept" (or does that mean
"require") them?